Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfulness



It's Thanksgiving today. Where you live, it may be just another ordinary day. But here in the U.S. it's a day of thankfulness, a remembering of blessings hoped for and blessings claimed, of small mercies given and miracles upon which our lives have hinged.

I am thankful for many things: for a Savior who loves me unconditionally; for family and friends who take me as I am, warts and all; for knowing all my basic needs are met and that if I don't have it - it's not necessary. I'm not staring a debilitating illness in the face. The people I love are happy and well.

I am also thankful for all the wonderful readers and writers in my life: the amazing Y5 (my hometown writer's group); my fellow writers who help and encourage me via Twitter and email; the wonderful readers and writers who visit this blog on a regular basis. These are the people who keep my writing skills sharp, who encourage me, who hold me accountable for my dream. I am so grateful for that.

So. Deeply. Grateful.

Next week this blog will return to its regularly scheduled whatever-it-is-that-I-do-here. In the meantime, I hope you all have a wonderful day of thankfulness, wherever you are.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment